...the advice and information sector in the London Borough of Wandsworth
Main / Small Claims - General Litigation Go Back Organisation Details
Immigration & Asylum Solicitors

 you wish to challenge a Home Office decision, you must act promptly if a written decision has been made, as a strict time limit applies.


Am I eligible?

Legal Aid is now only available to eligible people with asylum claims and other limited circumstances in the areas of immigration and asylum law. Where your legal matter is no longer covered by Legal Aid, or if you are not eligible for Legal Aid, SWLLC continues to offer high quality legal services at as low a price as possible. Pleasecall us to discuss our fees or whether you are still eligible for Legal Aid.



If you have a well-founded fear of being persecuted in your country of origin and have made a claim for asylum, or are thinking of making a claim for asylum in this country, we can advise and assist you in putting your case before the Home Office’s UK Border Agency.


Applications for Leave to Remain on human rights grounds

We can help you to make an application for Leave to Remain under various categories of the Immigration Rules.


There are also many kinds of Leave to Remain applications which fall outside the Immigration Rules. We can also assist with these applications.


Spouse/fiancé/unmarried partner visas

We can help you to apply for a visa on behalf of your overseas partner, to the relevant entry clearance post overseas.


Settlement visas

If you have a child or a dependant relative who lives overseas, we can give you specialist advice on the merits of making a visa application on their behalf, with a view to their entering this country on a permanent basis.


Visitor/family visitor visas

We can help you to apply on behalf of friends or family members who wish to enter this country on a temporary basis.


Settlement applications on the basis of long residence

If you have been lawfully resident in this country for a continuous period of ten years or more, we can help you to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain in this country.


If you have been unlawfully resident in this country for 14 years or more, we can help you to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain.


Deportation proceedings

If the Home Office is seeking to deport you from this country, we can give you advice and can help you to challenge a deportation order.


Appeals/judicial review

We can advise and assist you regarding all appeals relating to the above matters.


If you do not have a right to appeal a Home Office decision, it may be possible to challenge the decision before the Administrative Court of Justice, by way of judicial review proceedings. Our specialist team can advise you on the best available remedy in your case and give assistance. Where a written decision has been made, you must act promptly as a strict time limit applies.

South West London Law Centres is an independent registered charity. We give individuals and communities free legal advice and support on: Money and debt management Employment rights and obligations Housing issues Immigration and asylum matters We also represent people in court and tribunals. Find out here about our casework services or go to one of our free weekly advice clinics.

Tel main number for an appointment and check eligibility

5th Floor, Davis House, Robert Street
Croydon, Surrey CR0 1QQ
Phone: 020 8767 2777
Email: info@swllc.org

Appointment Local Independent

Monday 10.00 - 17:00 Tuesday 10.00 - 17:00 Wednesday 10.00 - 17:00 Thursday 10.00 - 17:00 Friday 10.00 - 17:00