...the advice and information sector in the London Borough of Wandsworth
Main / Consumer

A Handbook for Litigants in Person

A guide to appearing in civil cases without legal representation has been produced and published by the judiciary and is available for download

When should I use the small claims court?

If you're in dispute with a company, or have a serious complaint about a company, the small claims court could help you get your money back. The small claims court can be a simple way to settle a dispute, but usually it should only be used as a last resort. You should try to resolve the problem before it goes to court.

Make a money claim online

You can take court action against someone if they owe you money and won’t pay you back.

Advice Now - Cosnumer

Most of us have had a problem with something we've bought or a contract that we have signed up to. But there are laws to protect us from shoddy goods and dodgy deals. On this page you can find information on what your rights are when it comes to the buying and selling of goods and consumer contracts. You will also find information on how to complain when you are not happy with the goods supplied by a shop or other supplier.

CAB - Consumer Advice

When you buy goods or services the law gives you consumer rights. These protect you from being treated unfairly by a trader. Use these pages to find out what your rights are and how to take action. If you'd like to speak to an adviser, the Citizens Advice consumer helpline is 03454 04 05 06.

Helping consumers be more energy savvy

Citizens Advice has been working on the Energy Best Deal public awareness campaign with support from the energy regulator Ofgem and major energy companies since 2008. Based on evaluations of other financial capability programmes, which show that frontline workers use information to help an average of 15 clients in the year following training, Citizens Advice expects that by spring 2015, Energy Best Deal will have improved the confidence of over 350,000 domestic energy customers across England, Wales and Scotland to shop around, reduce their bills and get help if they are falling behind.

Law Society

The Law Society is the independent professional body for solicitors